With Mother’s Day just around the corner, I have put together some ideas that will delight Mom but won’t break the bank!
- The All Time Favourite – Breakfast in Bed. Remember to clean the kitchen afterwards!
- A trip to her favourite park or museum followed by a picnic lunch – made by you.
- A voucher for your time – for example: “Good for one hour’s help in the garden”, or “Valid for one back massage”.
- Handprint Art from the kids – a search on Pinterest will bring up some fabulous ideas.
- A Poem – written by you – about your mother. Make it sentimental, make it funny – whatever will appeal to her. Most important – make it heartfelt.
- Teach her something new – maybe she’s always wanted to know how Twitter works – or how to change a plug. If you have the skill – share it with your Mom.
- Take her for a walk – and just spend time together. Take your camera (or phone) and capture the memory.
- Ask her what would have special meaning for her – most often it’s not the big things but the little ones that mean the most.
- Offer to do something you know she wants to accomplish but doesn’t really have time for – like updating the family albums, or painting the door, or updating the tech in the house.
- Last but not least – let her know how much you love her.
Mother’s Day is a special day – to take time out to thank our Moms (Step-Moms and Grandmums too) for all that they do for us, day in and day out, which we sometimes take for granted. The above ideas are sure to make Mom feel treasured on this special day.
HAPPY MOTHER’S DAY